What does the word integrity mean? And what are 7 biblical characteristics of a man of integrity.
The word integrity can be defined as follows—1) an unimpaired condition, i.e., soundness, wholeness 2) firm adherence to a code of moral values, i.e., incorruptible, honor, 3) the quality or state of being complete or undivided, i.e., completeness. Synonyms of integrity are honesty and unity.
Just the definition of the word alone should speak volumes. A lot of other words could be used or in place of but none would have that same perfect fit. There are a lot more than 7 biblical characteristics, but I am going to go with 7 and include the biblical reference to go with each one.
- Your integrity should set an example (Titus 2:7—-in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with[a]purity in doctrine, dignified,
- Integrity will protect you (Psalms 25:21—–Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.
- Integrity is more valuable than riches (Proverbs 28:6—- Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than he who is crooked though he be rich.
- The Lord hates lies and lack of integrity (Zechariah 8:16-17—– These are the things which you should do: speak the truth to one another; judge with truth and judgment for peace in your gates. Also let none of you devise evil in your heart against another, and do not love perjury; for all these are what I hate,’ declares the LORD.”
- Integrity will be rewarded (Psalms 41:11-12—By this I know that You are pleased with me, because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me. As for me,You uphold me in my integrity, and You set me in Your presence forever.
- Hold fast to your integrity when times get tough, and do not listen to outside sources. (Job 2:9—-“Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die”.
- Integrity means keeping your word and sticking with it. ( James 5:12—But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgment.
Let me be a man of integrity so that way I can know you more. Let me live the example in my daily life. Let me know what it means to be a man after Your heart. In Your name I pray